• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
Basket-weave plate
Jan Conradie

Basket-weave plate

The plate is 225 mm wide and 50 mm high. The inner basket-weave is made of African Rosewood, White Pear and the strips are Imbuia. The outer ring is also made of solid Imbuia.
I like the basket weave look. Is the bottom inset from the bottom of a solid upper? It's hard to tell but it looks like you might have some cross grain issues. Are you concerned about the wood movement. I sure hope you have a solution because it is very nice. Thanks for posting.

This looks great. I also hope the grain issue doesn't raise it's ugly head over time. Sure looks pretty!

@stuart johnson

The grain expansion problem may raise its ugly head but I hope to contain it somewhat by keeping the plate stationary in the house – that’s perhaps a bit naive. I should also mention that numerous administrations with CA and wood dust took place before a sufficiently clean and gap-free surface was obtained. At least 25 mℓ of CA was used during this process. Only time will tell. Yes the bottom was inserted from below in a solid pre-turned piece of Imbuia and then finished top and bottom. The finish consist of three layers of buffed sanding sealer.

Media information

Category
Segmented Turnings
Added by
Jan Conradie
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Device