• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
Horse bowl
mfisher

Horse bowl

This segmented salad bowl is 10 inches in diameter. It is made out of maple, walnut and mesquite. The featured ring is maple and mesquite. The horses were burned into maple wood with a cnc laser before the wood was cut for segments. A mesquite branch was cut so the rings would show. 1/8 inch walnut spacers were added to separate the horses from the mesquite. Finish was a wipe on poly clear gloss.
Mike, I like the bowl and the use of the branch for the rings. Mesquite is very stable but did you have any problems with end grain cracks. The horses work very well but I don't care for the machine created effect CNC gives as it takes away from the handcraft feel. Just a personal opinion and I'm sure the bowl will sell well.

So far the mesquite rings have not cracked. The mesquite I used was pretty much dry before I used it.

Beautiful job! I like the nice little flare you achieved at the maple rim. It gives the piece a very nice look.

Media information

Category
Segmented Turnings
Added by
mfisher
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Device