• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
LaminationPro / WTP experiment
Curly

LaminationPro / WTP experiment

The design is from page 106 of Dale Nish's book on Ray Key's work. A mix of Rosewood, Shedua and Maple. I'm going to turn the feature ring off and give it another try. I haven't used WTP yet and will use the bowl to experiment with the bowl design software also.
Curly,

Until I get the next Lamination PRO update complete, here is a trick I use to cut the center strip from the 1st generation lamination. First, click the Clipping Region box and then adjust it so that it just touches the top and bottom of the jagged 'ears'. This will tell you how wide the board is and is something that I am adding to the software so that it will always show this measurement, regardless of what generation you're currently on. You can enter this amount in decimal inches to get it as close as possible. Next, subtract the width of the center strip (kerf) from that board width and divide by two. Now move your fence that amount away from the saw blade, put the ears against the fence and make your first cut. Now turn the board end-for-end and put the other ears against the fence and make the second cut. You will now have cut the center strip from the board and it should be extrememly accurate as long as the first generation board was glued and clamped carefully. You should be able to stand the board up on one set of ears and each ear should touch the table and if so, this technique will work great.

Now you just have to cut your strips from each of the cutoffs remaining and you'll be all set.

Save that center strip as it can be used as an inlay or border on some other project.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of this, but I hope it makes sense.

Lloyd

Makes complete sense to me. It's how I would make a 3/4 inch dado using a 1/2 inch dado blade. Do the math, make an outside cut, turn the board around and make the other cut. Always perfectly centered. Thank you for the tip.

Media information

Category
Segmented Turnings
Added by
Curly
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device