• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
  • Due to a scam attack, the gallery is temporarily turned off. I am working to get this fixed but I have some other things that are higher prioriity. I do hope to have it back soon and there shouldn't be any changes to the content. At least, that is the hope.

Second segment project

Kerf

PRO Member
Ready to turn. After the glue cures overnight that is. Most of the rings were just glued this afternoon. I got a little bit more bold with this one, I put in a feature ring. The design came straight out of Segment Pro. With a minor exception, I made the feature ring 16 segments instead of 24 like the others. The feature ring is also 1 1/4" thick and the other rings are 1/2" thick. The top and bottom have a maple waste block that will be turned away when the time is right.

I have always done hollowing with hand tools. This vase will be done with my newly acquired Monster Hollowing system that came in yesterdays mail
. Vase ready.jpg

Not bad for a second project. Let us know how the Monster Hollowing system works for you.

Yes, I will use a steady rest once the outside is turned smooth. I will also part off the top waste block once the steady rest is in use. My target wall thickness is 3/8". This will be my first time using a laser guide and the Monster system. Hoping that will make it easier to maintain desired wall thickness.

No I am not turning in two pieces. The waste block on the top was a last minute decision after the vase was mounted on the chuck/spindle. The whole thing looked too long while unsupported to be safe. Like a disaster waiting to happen ? So I took it back out of the chuck and scrounged around in the scrap pile and found a small piece of hard maple.

Looks like the inside will have to wait until next weekend. The laser will not light, a broken wire at the base of the laser holder. I could not get the diode out of its holder to attempt a repair and ordered a new dot laser which will not be here until Wednesday. Specs/dimensions on the replacement indicate the assembly should fit in the Monster arm. So it should be a quick repair once the part gets here. I also did not get the time to turn the outside today, maybe tomorrow.

Back