• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Missing Functions

Al Rivard

PRO Member
Hey Lloyd,

I just watched your video with Woodturner Pro and I was trying to repeat what you did on the video, but I found that I don't have the same screen showing. Probably something simple I'm missing, but I don't have "Repeat paint every", or the Auto Adjust Diameters button. At the top right side on mine I have a button not showing on your screen, it's titled Profile SNAP! and has what looks like a little wizard. I'm using Version 3.0.0.0 Build: 3.0.021.

Thanks, Al

It's all there - just renamed at the last minute and I didn't get a chance to make a new video before I left.

You now specify the number of repeats. So, for example, if you want to have your paint repeated four times, enter 4. Before, it was confusing as what to enter. The number of segments per row has to be equally divisible by the number you enter or it will throw an error.

Likewise, the auto just diameters button has been replaced with the Profile SNAP button. It works exactly the same, though.
I added the wizard because every time I look at the math formulas, my teeth start itching. You need to be a wizard to follow the math. Fortunately, my new programmer, Sajjad, is just that.

Lloyd, I have a question on functionality of Woodturner PRO. Once I transfer a pattern from 3D design PRO, into Woodturner PRO, isn't there some way for me to alter the design of the bowl? What I mean is shouldn't there be a way to move my points to change the shape slightly of my bowl? I thought the Cross in the tools bar was used to move design points but it's not working if is supposed to do that. If not then perhaps its something to think about in the future. Often I'll design a bowl and I want to move the wall in or out but the tool doesn't let me do that. Any thoughts?

Hi John,

Let's check your version number. If you go Help > About Woodturner PRO, you can find the build number. If you're not on build 3.1.009, you should upgrade by downloading the installer from the 'Downloads' page. The earlier build did not always successfully load the Move tool.

If you're already on that build, let me know. Otherwise, install .009 and then try the Move tool (has a cross on it).

Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd. That worked. I was running version .007 not .009. After reinstalling the program, I got the functions working now.

I have found I can keep both programs up and running ( 3D and WTP). If I want to change the shape of the profile, I make the change in 3D and import the updated profile into WTP. Once in WTP the snap to profile updates the rings.
Works pretty seamless for me.

I have found I can keep both programs up and running ( 3D and WTP). If I want to change the shape of the profile, I make the change in 3D and import the updated profile into WTP. Once in WTP the snap to profile updates the rings.
Works pretty seamless for me.

Mfisher - did you see my response above? You don't need to have both running anymore if you update to .009 - it works fine by itself.

Back