• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Best glue to use

F

FREDDIE M

Hi I'm a new member and have a number of questions. My first one is.....
"What is the best type of glue to use? I have been using titebond 1,2 & 3. How about the titebond liquid hide glue? Would appreciate any feedback you care to offer.
Thanks, Freddie M

I use Titebond 1 but in the past have used hide glue (flakes not liquid) with good success. The hide glue is just too much bother.

Welcome to the forum

Your question is pretty open ended. Ask 10 people and you may get 10 different answers.
What glue to use depends a great deal on what are you making. Is the turning going to be just a piece of art or functional? If functional, will it be subject to water.
I have used Titebond 2 and 3. I have also used white glue (polyvinyl acetate). I have also used CA to secure cracks and to glue in filler (brass shavings, powder rock, etc)
At times I have also used epoxy (crack filler, securing copper wire in a recess).

Basically, use a glue you like working with.

Back