• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Floating bottom for urn

Snturner10

PRO Member
I'm new to this and wonder if anyone has used a floating bottom for an urn. I am afraid it would leak. Any tips you can give me so it won't leak?

What about using a resin bottom for an urn? Do you think the bottom ring would crack over time?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I'm new to this and wonder if anyone has used a floating bottom for an urn. I am afraid it would leak. Any tips you can give me so it won't leak?
We kept the ashes of my parents in a sealed bag which was placed in the urn. As long as the bag does not break, there would be no leaking.
You might look at some type of liner for the urn.

What about using a resin bottom for an urn? Do you think the bottom ring would crack over time?
how about expoxy the inside of the urn with a wood floating bottom.
Thank you in advance.
Not an expert on urns. It is just my opinion.

To be sure we're talking about the same thing, in my shop, a floating bottom is a solid disk fitted into a rabbet in a ring and is captured with the next ring. I hold it in place with just a dot of glue at each side along the long grain.

If I wanted it leakproof to dust, I would make the OD of the disk somewhat smaller than the ID of the mating rabbet then fill the gap completely with clear silicone rubber.

To be sure we're talking about the same thing, in my shop, a floating bottom is a solid disk fitted into a rabbet in a ring and is captured with the next ring. I hold it in place with just a dot of glue at each side along the long grain.

If I wanted it leakproof to dust, I would make the OD of the disk somewhat smaller than the ID of the mating rabbet then fill the gap completely with clear silicone rubber.

Thats the type of floating bottom I am thinking of. Thank you for your reply.

I often use a floating bottom and then finish the top using a vacuum chuck. If you make the floating disk perfectly flat and the recess flat it will hold the full vacuum my pump will produce. I suspect this is good enough for dust (ash).

I often use a floating bottom and then finish the top using a vacuum chuck. If you make the floating disk perfectly flat and the recess flat it will hold the full vacuum my pump will produce. I suspect this is good enough for dust (ash).
Thank you. That's a good point.

Back