• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Plan Post

No Joy
1698550234520.png

Not sure why your json file is just the profile if you are saving the plan correctly and attaching the correct file.

Last edited:
Lets try this again.
Since you said it was a simple bowl. I would suggest just recreating the bowl. It should not take you that long to paint the segments.
Start with a new profile, select the number of segments and height of the bowl before painting.

Did that clear up the summary table issue?

Make sure you Save the Plan

Last edited:
No it did not. I started from scratch with a simple open bowl profile with 12 segments per row and five rows high, Program said it was 3 inches high. I created my own palette with my species from my shop. The basic woods were cherry, walnut and oak. I made sure to fill in all 10 species in the palette. I selected the palette and created a tornado pattern. I used cherry as the base, and walnut/oak for the tornado pattern. I saved the file and went to the summary and only the base was listed under the species column. It said the plan was saved successfully so I closed the program and started it again and called up the plan I had saved and it still had an incomplete summary page. I then tried to install the program on my Windows 11 computer to see if that would work and now when I go into bowl view there is only scattered pixels and no bowl showing. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

No it did not. I started from scratch with a simple open bowl profile with 12 segments per row and five rows high, Program said it was 3 inches high. I created my own palette with my species from my shop. The basic woods were cherry, walnut and oak. I made sure to fill in all 10 species in the palette. I selected the palette and created a tornado pattern. I used cherry as the base, and walnut/oak for the tornado pattern. I saved the file and went to the summary and only the base was listed under the species column. It said the plan was saved successfully so I closed the program and started it again and called up the plan I had saved and it still had an incomplete summary page. I then tried to install the program on my Windows 11 computer to see if that would work and now when I go into bowl view there is only scattered pixels and no bowl showing. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.
Sorry you are having issues.
I had the issue with my new windows 11 computer. The updated driver solved the problem

- the video pixel is a windows 11 video driver issue.
I suspect you have a Intel Iris xp video card. My new desktop windows 11 pc had the issue till I updated the video driver.
Post 10 in this thread discusses the driver problem

Here a link to Intel driver support

Last edited:
Hi Brian.
I may have figured out the problem with the summary table.

In SP did you use the Tornado Bowl setting or Paint Setting to create your tornado bowl?
--------------------
I know you have tried to attach you plan for me to look at. On my end it imports as a profile and not a plan.
Thank you for more information.

---------------
I may have found the issue and it may be in your pallet.
If you can pull up SP and your plan and go to pallet view and list from column 1 through 10 your wood species.

SP uses Column 1 as the default Species (that is what it uses for all segments unless told differently
Column 2 is for the base disk.
When you select a pallet and the tornado bowl option SP uses.
Column 1,3,5,7 for the tornado bowl pattern.
It uses Column 2 for the disk.
make sure you have oak, walnut and cherry in column 1,3,5,7 for the pattern.

You listed you are using cherry, oak walnut. Cherry is for the base.

Let me know if this was the issue.

When I created a small tornado bowl and changed pallets the summary table adjusts to the new species. It was then that I started looking at what the summary table was saying vs the pallet species and their column listing.

Last edited:
I attached a SP tornado bowl using the three species of cherry, walnut and oak.
A screen shot of the summary table.
tornado bowl.jpg

In the pallet
Column 1,2, 7 is cherry
Column 3, is oak
Column 5 is walnut

Attachments

• 2023-10-30-15-6-10.json
    39.1 KB · Views: 1
OK. Video problem was solved by updating the Video driver. Looking at the summary I now realize that I was looking for the species in the wrong place on the summary. I was looking at the species column under the ring not further to the right. Why do you list a column for species under the ring section?

OK. Video problem was solved by updating the Video driver.
great that worked out.
Looking at the summary I now realize that I was looking for the species in the wrong place on the summary. I was looking at the species column under the ring not further to the right. Why do you list a column for species under the ring section?
That would be a question for Lloyd.
My guess it is a program thing. The base is a disk the other rows are segments.

Is your summary table giving you the results you expect now?

The species column shows the default species for each row. It needs to be there because a feature ring bowl has accent rings of different species defaults. That column is meaningless for painted Segment or tornado bowls. For those types, the species counts are to the right.

I don’t remember which tutorial but one of them discussed this.

Lloyd

Here is an example of a featured ring summary sheet .
Note that there is no Species column to the left of the diameter. This is because the standard featured ring bowl would have rings made up of the same species, except for the featured ring.
If one wants to have diffierent species within a ring in a featured bowl you can do that with Wood Turner Pro.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 082849.png

Back