• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

segment spacing spec in the segment pro

Woodchuck24

PRO Member
I am just dabbling in open segments atm. Using wood turner pro or segment pro there is a box that says segment spacing. I was just wondering what the numbers represent, degrees, inches etc. I usually go for 70% segment size so what number would I use that would be close to that. Thx in advance Charlie

This thread may help you with calculations.

WTP you can adjust the degrees of the open space in the control box on the left.

For a long time, I used percentage in Woodturner PRO but then I partnered with Jerry Bennett who makes the SegEasy Plates and is the father of the Wedgie Sled in segmented turning. He used degrees and since he is the person that makes my plates, I decided to switch to degrees in my software. Each of his plates has a set amount of degrees and so I wrote Segment PRO defaults to match the number of segments of each disk.

At that time, I switched Woodturner PRO to also measure the gap in degrees. But you need to set the number of degrees manually in that software. Each plate has the correct number of degrees of gap engraved into the plate so it is very easy to make sure you have the degrees correct if you’re going to use a SegEasy plate.

Thank you guys for the replies. I figured it out after some thought ( not easy at 70 ). Anyway Earl ( earl's small segment shop) was kind enough to send me his cheat sheets so I just match the right angle to the closest degree number in the software.

Back