• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

New Okie on board

• Thread starter Clifford Lemons
  • Start date
C

Clifford Lemons

Just started turning in January and trying figure out a few things. This forum looks like an awesome place to do that! Been experimenting with segmenting and the software here looks like it may be just the thing I'm looking for. Here's my where I'm at so far:
2509-1958c03ae36edaaf71d097bc99981d5d.jpg

Clifford, nice piece, nice selection of colors, I like the shape.

Welcome to the forum, we are all here to help each other so dig right in. Lots of talent here so if you have questions feel free to ask.
All the software has a thirty day trail so download it and get familiar with it.

I have done some pieces that was 80% solid and a segmented featured ring. Like your bowl a lot. Very nice.

imo, the software is outstanding. If you really want to get into segment turning, Lloyds software is the answer.
Post your questions and don't forget to start a gallery spot for your work.

Looking forward to seeing more projects.

That's awesome news about the software! I'm definitely wanting to give it a try! I've been watching the videos off and on all day. It's a team effort with us. I get a bowl turned out and the wife loves sanding and finishing. This is getting ridiculous!
2510-a45e372d9f3c69cb39f7dc8cbb93190b.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4510.JPG
    IMG_4510.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
After reading through much of the forum yesterday and today, I'm wondering if I'm not in over my head here. I downloaded the free trial of Segment Pro last night and after a bit of floundering, I think I'm beginning to figure a few things out. I'm gathering parts to build a stomper. I have many questions and I'm wondering if there is a proper forum here for basic "how to" questions not related to the software.

Clifford
Don't worry there is lots of help here.
If your question is closed segment or a basic segmented question post it over in Title: Segmented Turnings Forum

If it open segmented post it over Title: Open-Segment Turnings Forum

Don't worry if you get it in the wrong sections on of the moderators will move to the correct one for you

Don't be afraid to ask you questions we add start at the beginning.

There is one warning

Segmented turning get VERY ADDICTING

Don't say we did not warn you :)

You should also download Wood Turner Pro suite. WTP came first. SP is Lloyds latest. Both are excellent, but do some things a bit different. The vids Lloyd has made are well done and worth the time to watch.

As Bob has said, don't be afraid to ask questions. That is what the forum is for.

I second what Bob said. Segment making is addictive.

Welcome to the group. Don't let some of the follow along pieces scare you. Using Segment Pro you will be able to be as plain or as ornate as you like. I don't think you want to start out on a 1500 open segment, painted vase. Try a closed bowl with a simple feature ring. It won't take long to get going but remember your main goal is to have fun.

Back