• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
MaryLu:
Really like your design/pattern bowl, the only thing I am not sure about is the design on your bottom plug. For me I think I would have made it a little smaller with a diamond pattern to continue the design across the bottom.
Having said that I still like it a lot. Well done.

H
Terry,
This is an example of the wonderful things you can make using the bowl from a board process. I've been wanting to give a pattern like this a try and you have inspired me to move it up on my list.
I do have a couple questions, though, if you don't mind - first, how thick was the laminated board?
Second, I assume the profile has straight sides and if so, is there a particular angle you like to use?
Finally, how thick is the finished wall?
Thanks for posting this, Terry, and I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Lloyd

Thanks for the kind words Lloyd. The bowl is slightly over 10 inches wide by about 5 inches tall. I'll upload a side view picture also. I made the laminated board 2 1/8 inches thick by 10 1/2 square. The lamination was made from 37
strips of 8 different species of wood mirror imaged. 5 quarter inch thick boards were cut from this lamination. I got three rings from each of these boards. The sides are 45 degrees, which seems to be pleasing to the eye. The finished wall is approximately 1/4 inch thick. I probably should have made it 1/16 inch thinner but I was chicken. The turning is slightly tricky because of the fact that you are turning end grain and long grain in the same revolution of the lathe. The species used were aspen, bloodwood, padauk, walnut, purpleheart, cherry, marblewood and white oak.
If you can think of anything else you need to know, email me.
Terry

Media information

Category
Segmented Turnings
Added by
Terry S
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
4.50 star(s) 2 ratings

Share this media