• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
20240116_153752.jpg
Holger

20240116_153752.jpg

Very nice, Holger!

You had to make a lot of slices for this bowl. It reminds me of John Manuro’s turnings and I suspect you might be using his products.

I’m considering writing some vortex bowl software. It would look like Segment PRO but would need a completely different interface. You’d be able to make your own wood blank made up of strips of wood or let you upload an image of a blank you’ve already made. With the profile and heght, it would let you know how many slices you will need. You’ll specify the number of slices you want in your repeating unit and specify the rotation in number of degrees and then show you your bowl in 3D.

The software will also let you add segmented rings below and above the vortex rows and it will print out a pdf file. That has a template for each of the slices in the project. Right now, it’s all in my head, but I believe it is in my wheelhouse if, and that‘s a big if, I want to invest the time.

The golf side of me is saying, “Don’t do it!”

Very nice, Holger!

You had to make a lot of slices for this bowl. It reminds me of John Manuro’s turnings and I suspect you might be using his products.

I’m considering writing some vortex bowl software. It would look like Segment PRO but would need a completely different interface. You’d be able to make your own wood blank made up of strips of wood or let you upload an image of a blank you’ve already made. With the profile and heght, it would let you know how many slices you will need. You’ll specify the number of slices you want in your repeating unit and specify the rotation in number of degrees and then show you your bowl in 3D.

The software will also let you add segmented rings below and above the vortex rows and it will print out a pdf file. That has a template for each of the slices in the project. Right now, it’s all in my head, but I believe it is in my wheelhouse if, and that‘s a big if, I want to invest the time.

Would be interesting to see the software in action. Not sure how you would accomplish it.

FYI posted the pics twice by accident. You can remove them.

Nice bowl.
I did one a few years ago. Designed it in WTP. Exported the summary sheet to excel. Using the OD and Inside diameter I could figure out which rings I could get out of each blank.
Cut the rings out on a scroll saw. Rings were 0.125 thick.

Very nice, Holger!

Don't know who John Manuro is. I'll have to look him up.

Media information

Category
Segmented Turnings
Added by
Holger
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device