martyn

Hallow vesel, leaf design

hallow vessel, 295mm tall x 200mm diametre, made from wenge ash and sapele,finish with melemine laquer

Hallow vesel, leaf design
martyn, Jul 4, 2018
    • Bob Beaupre
      Excellent work
    • mfisher
      Very nice, unique.
    • martyn
      thanks for the positive comments,
      Ive been absent from the scene for a while due to me buying a hobby cnc that literally consumed all my spare time and nearly drove me mad, ive escaped from its grips and i am hoping to get back into segmented turning again,
    • mfisher
      Was the cnc used for making the feature ring (leaf).
    • Bob Beaupre
      @martyn I'm there right now with the cnc, I know what you are talking about
    • martyn
      No the leaf design was done using the scroll saw, using the same method as i used for my barley twist vase, ive struggled to use the cnc to do any intricate designs for wood turning. I though i could have thats why i bought the cnc to do inlay work, the trouble is when you are trying to fit a design on a segment the cutters are just two big to create any thing intricate, it really hard. You waste so much time trying to do the simplist things, using the scroll saw is much more productive

bob ive wasted something like 8 months on the hobby cnc i bought and built ,chasing gremlins and faulty wiring, ive probably rewired it 3 times, one day its working and the next it won't its been a real nightmare.
      Ive also wasted alot of money , alot of money.

ive used it for work to make v carved signs a couple of times that all, its a regret an mostly causes me agro, takes quite alot of room too, i can now think of other tool i could have to use in the space it wastes

bob have you manage to create anything on yours thats segmeted turning related
    • mfisher
      Martyn: I have done mountain scenes using a stack scroll saw method. I asked about the cnc since you mentioned it was taken up your time. As stated very nice work.
    • martyn
      Hi Mike, yes i like the stack scrollsaw method alot,as stated above i spent most of the time fixing the cnc (electrically) than using it
    • Bob Beaupre
      @martyn No nothing segmented related as of yet. But I have been watching Tom Lohman, he is doing a bowl from a board and using the CNC. He is going to be a demonstrator at the Segmented Woodturners symposium in October. I'll be picking his brain then
    • martyn
      cool, cncs are difficult to make practical use of, great for passing the hours
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Woodturning Gallery
    Uploaded By:
    martyn
    Date:
    Jul 4, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    2268px
    Aperture:
    f/1.5
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G960F
    Date / Time:
    2018:07:04 22:08:44
    Exposure Time:
    1/20 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 320
    Focal Length:
    4.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).