• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
First segmented turning...
Brett Niland

First segmented turning...

More of a learning experience than an actual bowl. Segmented turning is an interesting mix. There's a lot going on, and much to keep track of, but it comes together pretty easily and once it's on the lathe, it's pure turning magic.
Nice tornado bowl. You are correct the work is in the construction. Once on the lathe things go quick.

Great job, Brett. Yours is far nicer than my first bowl.

I look forward to seeing where you go from here.

@Lloyd Johnson Thanks for the encouragement, to be fair, the photo masks a multitude of sins. Rings were not centered well, gouged the rim of the bowl when separating the bowl from the waste block (I "forgot" that glue is harder than wood). All in all, I learned a lot and that's really the best part of the hobby.

A
You know I really like this. Clean and simple and nice shape nothing complex or over complicated. :)

@Arlin Eastman Thank you sir...after posting I looked around in the gallery and got pretty self conscious. There are some ludicrously talented people in here. I appreciate the support.

A
You can not think like that. They only started sooner then you or me and you will have your time. I have not even tried one yet due to my shop being in two places.

M
Very nice bowl Brett whether a first or not.

Media information

Category
Segmented Turnings
Added by
Brett Niland
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device