Saving Profiles and Plans

Discussion in 'Segment PRO' started by Lloyd Johnson, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Lloyd Johnson

Lloyd Johnson Administrator Staff Member

This tutorial covers Profiles and Plans and how to save them, open them and how to share them.

2. Bob Beaupre

Bob Beaupre Super Moderator Staff Member

You've been busy!!

3. Lloyd Johnson

I'm getting ready for when the newsletter goes out. I want to make sure that there is a tutorial for each of the major topics of SegPro. It's really unfair to new users when there isn't sufficient training resources. Very little of the software tools I buy have adequate training materials and it is really frustrating. I'm just trying to make mine is less frustrating.

I've got about three more tutorials to go.

4. peter white

peter white PRO Member

The tutorials are greatly appreciated

5. W2D

W2D New Member

Great tutorials. One suggestion for the plans and profiles tab is to allow the category selection to stay selected for the next time the tab is selected. I tend to stay in one category, and save several versions until I get it right. Just my 0.02. Dan

6. Lloyd Johnson

I'll add this request to my list. I'll be gone for a week (will be checking in daily) so don't look for it right away.
    Ping me later if you don't see it.

7. Bluemax

Bluemax PRO Member

Excellent tutorials.

8. Cliff

Cliff PRO Member

Lloyd, is there a way to save the Profiles and plans to a server / Dropbox folder so they can be accessed by my computers in the Shop, office and on the road?
    Or is this there and I am so new that I haven't found it?

9. Bob Beaupre

Cliff there is an export function you can use and it will save it into you My Segment PRO directory. Take the file down to your shop computer and then do an import.

I go one step further and use FreeFileSync, on my two computers and sync my directories between the two computers over my home network.

Title: FreeFileSync

10. Ben Gilliam

Ben Gilliam New Member

Cool stuff this freefilesync as far as i see) i curious too about similar sync software, what do u think about syncing.net tool?

11. Bob Beaupre

Looks nice if you need to sync to a phone or tablet. FreeFileSync is free

12. Ben Gilliam

Ben Gilliam New Member

But syncing.net can also share outlook calendar without exchange that is really useful on almost all office jobs. As for me, i don't pay anything now, just testing it on a trial period.

13. Bob Beaupre

I think to share outlook, email, contacts and calendar all you have to do is share / sync your outlook pst file. Free file sync can do that.
    I'll have to give it a try

14. Ben Gilliam

Ben Gilliam New Member

I'll drop a link of download page on syncing.net then to make it easier for you) Don't forget that they have a trial period like for 2 weeks or smt, so u can try it for free)

Bob Beaupre likes this.
  15. Bob Beaupre

Thank Ben I'll take a look