• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Any plans to make the program available on Apple devices?

G

Gary McCoy

I am hopeful that you are going to make an Apple app of your program. Seems everyone on Woodchuckers believes it is the best there is.

Gary,
Welcome to the Woodturner PRO Community.
As much as I would love to have an app for the Apple community, it will have to wait until I can write a single code base that can generate native applications for the different platforms. Fortunately, there is movement in this direction but it would still involve a near complete rewrite of the programs to simply re-produce what has already been done. Since I'm a retired one-man operation, this would require a full-time programmer so the odds of this happening are pretty small - especially since the programs run great on a Macintosh with Parallels or Boot Camp just the way they are.
I'll never say never, though. :->
Lloyd

Gary,
Here's some information about running the software on a Macintosh.

Woodturner PRO, Lamination PRO and 3D Design PRO are all PC software applications that get downloaded and installed onto your local hard drive. All three programs can be installed on a Macintosh computer, but only in a PC partition using Boot Camp (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2647609) or through PC emulation (also referred to as hardware virtualization). BOOT CAMP Boot Camp is a multi-boot utility included with Apple Inc.'s Mac OS X that assists users in installing Microsoft Windows operating systems on Intel-based Macintosh computers. The utility's Boot Camp Assistant guides users through non-destructive disk partitioning of the hard disk drive and installation of Windows device drivers. A full version of Windows XP or newer can then be installed on this disk partition and you treat it as you would any Windows Personal Computer. To use Boot Camp, you simply boot to the Windows partition. To go back to Apple OS, reboot and select the Apple partition.

HARDWARE VIRTUALIZATION Hardware virtualization refers to the creation of a virtual machine that acts like a real computer with an operating system. Software executed on these virtual machines is separated from the underlying hardware resources. Virtualization solutions such as Parallels (http://parallels.com) create a Windows environment onto which you can install PC software and run without having to reboot your computer to a Windows disk partition. The Windows environment shares the Macintosh File System.

I have used both of these solutions extensively and they work exactly as you would expect. I currently use Boot Camp since rebooting takes very little time. I never had any issues when I was using Parallels, though.
Lloyd

hi Gary, i run windows 10 using parallels on my OSX el capitan mac, wood turner pro lamination pro and 3d design pro all work great in this virtual system , and if you activate coherence mode on parallels they run as if they were a native mac program, works great for me

hi Gary, i run windows 10 using parallels on my OSX el capitan mac, wood turner pro lamination pro and 3d design pro all work great in this virtual system , and if you activate coherence mode on parallels they run as if they were a native mac program, works great for me
You run the same setup that I have, el Capitan on the Mac, Parallels with Win 10.
I believe my Virtual system is always on(I think), how do you activate the Coherence mode?

hi dale i run parallels 11, after opening parallel desktop select view from the top of the screen in window mode and select "enter coherence" or you can hold ctrl, cmd and tap c

Back