• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Wrong colors in printout

Richard Thomas

PRO Member
Lloyd,

This is an issue I previously brought up, i.e. , when I print out an image with different colors on the segments. The printout colors don't match those of the screen. You suggested that I may be using custom colors, but that wasn't the case. I didn't follow up at the time because I became tied up with another project. But now I am trying to deal with it again, and was wondering if you had any other thoughts about the problem. None of the colors in the printout match what are on the screen. I have printed test pages which have the proper colors. Any help will be appreciated.

Richard

Richard,

I believe you are using an older version of Woodturner PRO because the printout has not printed an image of the species for some time. This was done for a number of reasons but the primary one was that there were very important columns that had been left off the printout due to lack of space. Since an image of the species was not as important as a count of the number of segments of different species in the row, I changed the printout to be much more comprehensive.

Lloyd

Richard,

I believe you are using an older version of Woodturner PRO because the printout has not printed an image of the species for some time. This was done for a number of reasons but the primary one was that there were very important columns that had been left off the printout due to lack of space. Since an image of the species was not as important as a count of the number of segments of different species in the row, I changed the printout to be much more comprehensive.

Lloyd

Lloyd

I am using version 3.1 build 3.1.009. I am not sure I understand what you are saying. Is the current version capable of printing correct colors on the segments? If there is a newer version that will print the right colors, I would like to upgrade to it. One of the reasons i would like to have the correct colors in the printout is that I have a fairly complex pattern of different colored segments, the positions of which, vary from ring to ring and I want to print out an image of each ring and use that to keep track of the position of the different colored segments in the ring.

Richard

Richard,

I was assuming you were talking about the Summary View (the printout of the project). Not long ago, this also printed the image of the species in a column and I removed that column.

I'm not sure I unsderstand your issue, though. I've created a 96-segment ring in wtp and painted 24 consecutive segments with different species with repeat paint set to 4. This is the Ring View Screenshot:
wtp ring screenshot.png

I then printed it out on my Brother Laser Printer and here is an image captured with my phone:
IMG_1869.JPG

Is this not what you're seeing? For printing, we simply use the standard dialog box provided by Microsoft's Visual Studio. This shelters us from having to know anything about what printer we're printing to and also allows us to prepare and send a standard output file and all the interfacing with the printer happens downstream from us.

I've also printed this page to a PDF printer (Fineprint) and printed it from the PDF file and it came out the same way.

One thing to be aware of, though, is that if you add your own custom species, that species will display correctly on the vessel view, but an arbitrary color shows on the Ring View.

Lloyd

Lloyd

Richard,

I was assuming you were talking about the Summary View (the printout of the project). Not long ago, this also printed the image of the species in a column and I removed that column.

I'm not sure I unsderstand your issue, though. I've created a 96-segment ring in wtp and painted 24 consecutive segments with different species with repeat paint set to 4. This is the Ring View Screenshot:
View attachment 460

I then printed it out on my Brother Laser Printer and here is an image captured with my phone:
View attachment 461

Is this not what you're seeing? For printing, we simply use the standard dialog box provided by Microsoft's Visual Studio. This shelters us from having to know anything about what printer we're printing to and also allows us to prepare and send a standard output file and all the interfacing with the printer happens downstream from us.

I've also printed this page to a PDF printer (Fineprint) and printed it from the PDF file and it came out the same way.

One thing to be aware of, though, is that if you add your own custom species, that species will display correctly on the vessel view, but an arbitrary color shows on the Ring View.

Lloyd

Lloyd

Lloyd

Your example is what I want to get. The colors are reproduced fairly accurately. But my print out colors look arbitrary not even close to what shows on the screen. I am simply using the species colors embedded in the program. Not custom. Three questions, 1. Is my version of the program up to date? 2. If so, could it be corrupted somehow and need to be reinstalled? 3. If reinstallation is necessary, is there any special approach to doing it?

Richard

Richard,

If I get a correct printout when I print and you don't from the same software, it seems as though it has to be something to do with the printer settings. I would first try to upgrade the printer driver and see if that doesn't resolve it. Next, when you go to print, click the Properties button and see if you can turn on/off postscript or change any other properties.

You can also uninstall and reinstall the software, but if the software is working, it doesn't seem like any corruption has taken place, but I would not rule that out. Version .009 is the most recent version.

Also, if you have a laptop, you should try printing to another printer. I just printed a new vessel to a different printer (an inkjet this time) and it printed like the one I posted.

Lloyd

Lloyd

I want to pass on the latest info on the print color problem I have been having. I am using a Lexmark Pinnacle Pro 900. I updated the driver and the firmware to no avail. I bought a new Epson printer WF-3620 and after wrestling for a couple of hours getting it installed, I printed out the rings on the segmented project and the colors turned out fine. I would love to know what the problem is with the Lexmark, but I don't want to spend anymore time working on it. Thanks very much for your help.

Richard

Back