• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

First time user of the stomper....need a little help

Michael Pittman

PRO Member
I purchased the delux stomper and your woodturning pro software. So far I love it! But I am perplexed. I put together my first open segmented program on the software, cut the pieces out for the first open ring. According to the cutting summary the outside diameter should be 4 27/32. When placed on the wheel it is almost 6 1/2. I have the pieces cut identical to the measurements. I even printed out the segment page and they fit perfectly on it as well, but again when placed on the wheel the ring to 2 inches bigger. I am stumped! Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? I included an attachment of the project I made on WTP. I know it's probably something very simple I am doing wrong. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• open vase.wtp
    5 KB · Views: 52
it looks to me that you did not change the type of ring to open and cut the pieces for a flat segmented layer. hope that helps

With the file you provided it is for a flat segmented ring bowl not an open segmented bowl.

Change the ring type for each row to an open segment. (top left of wtp screen. (the drop down menu).

Row 2 in open segment has a SL of 0.47"

Last edited:
Back