• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

cut list is incomplete onWTP

surgeon67

PRO Member
If I manually change the wood type on certain segments to create a pattern, the new wood shows up in the vessel view and ring view, but on the cutting list, only the original ring wood type is accounted for. is there any way to correct this?

There's a chance I'm misunderstanding your question, but here goes...

Every row has a default species but this can be different for every row. So if you add a new species by going File > Options > Custom Species, make sure you change the species for that row or those rows to that species by selecting it from the drop-down species list in the left column.

If you change a row to bloodwood (for example) and then change individual segments to other species, the species for that row is still bloodwood which simply means that if you have segments that you didn't paint, the default will print on the cutting summary so that you will know what species to use for the unpainted segments.\

If you paint individual segments, the software keeps track of up to five species (that's all the room I had available on the printout) and shows you at the right of the printout how many segments of each species are on each ring. The Ring View will show you which segments are of which species as the visual is far better than telling you what segment numbers are to be in different species. If you don't want to print out a page for each ring, I suggest looking at a neat PDF program called FinePrint. FinePrint allows you to specify how many pages are to print on a single Letter-sized page. If you select 2, those pages will print half-size and will print on the page in the landscape mode. If all you're needing is to see the location of the segments, print four-up to a page. The images will still be big enough to give you the positioning you need.

Lloyd

The painting of individual segments is what I'm getting at. So lets say ring 6 is maple, and I select individual segments to change to purpleheart and bloodwood as part of an overall pattern. The ring view shows the painted segments and the layout, but the list below the ring showing the board length, miter angle, segment width, etc only mentions maple, not the bloodwood or purpleheart. Same goes in summary view (what I called the cut list) which shows only maple segments to be cut (in a 48 segment ring it shows 48 segments of maple to be cut, as if I never painted the segments in the first place). So I have to manually count in ring view how many of each wood type I need when I cut the segments for each ring. I would assume there's a way to make the cutting summary take the painted segments into account.

Last edited:
I just assumed you were on the latest software, but can see now that it isn't the case. Click the 'Downloads' link in the Main Menu and download and install the latest versions of the software and you'll have the answer you're looking for on the cutting summary.

When you start the software or when you click Help > About, you'll see the build number of the software you're using. When you go to the Downloads page, you'll also see the build number of the current release. This will let you know if you need to upgrade or not. You do not need to uninstall your current version to upgrade to the latest build (assuming you are on Version 3).

Lloyd

Back