• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

G'Day from down under

Jimmac

PRO Member
Jim McConnachie from far north Queensland, Australia. I have been turning as a hobby for a long time, about 50 years, turning bowls, candle sticks and the like. I found one of Dale Nish's books that included some laminating. That started the rot. Then I found Laminated design by Rannefeld, that really put the cat amongst the pigeons. Now I have found a computer program that does all the hard work for me, and I thought, this is heaven??? I have been using a spread sheet that I have designed to do the calculations after the profile was developed on graph paper, but that is now obsolete.
I have been fortunate to win the "built up" section at the Australian Wood Turning Exhibition for four years in a row. In 2012, my exhibit was selected as joint bast in show.
Over the years I have developed or modified jigs and sleds to help, including a sled to cut staves on my table saw. I look forward to learning more and helping where I can.
Jim

Last edited:
Hi Jim,

It's great to have a professional at multi-generation laminations join our community and I'm anxious to see examples of your work. In the photo gallery, there is a category for multi-generation laminations and I hope you'll post some of your work. It would also be great to see the jigs you have developed as accuracy is most needed and poorest executed part of this artform.

Lloyd

Back