• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Question about WTP

Ken Sherwin

PRO Member
Having used Segment Pro successfully for several years, I now discover a need for some features of WTP. While most of it is straightforward, I can't find anything that tells me what the 'Vertical Spacers' value is or what I should do with it. Can anybody help me understand?

Hi Ken.
In WTP you can find the value of the vertical spacer in the Row Detail window (left side just below where you can adjust the inside diameter)

The default value is zero. Change it to whatever thickeness you want the spacers to be. The SEL for the segment will be recalculated to take in the width of the spacer.

On the left hand side in the Project Property window there is a vertical spacers box in which you can select what species you want to use as the spacer. The species selected is applied to all spacers in the vessels.

Hope that answers your question.

So vertical spacers go between the segments in a ring and thus increases effective SEL and the outside diameter? What happens with an open segment row? My next piece has both.

No. WTP compensates for the spacer by modifying the SEL

ex: 12 segment 6 inch OD ring has a SEL of 1.6 with no spacers
12 segment 6 inch OD rings with a 0.12 vertical spacer has a SEL of 1.47"
1.47 + .13 = 1.6

Play with WTP and see how it recalculates the SEL if you add spacers.

Back