• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Hello from Virginia

stephenkrall

I am Stephen Krall living in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. Started turning in 2018 and I am still a beginner I feel like. But I have become fascinated with segmented turning and am looking forward to giving it a try. I noticed it takes quite a bit of time to put one piece together, but luckily, I will be retiring in April so I should have plenty of time then....LOL Looking forward to this journey.

Welcome to the WTP.
Segmenting can be habit forming. Yes, it takes a bit more time than a solid turning. The end result is worth it.
Good thing is Lloyd's software makes the planning process a breeze.
Have said this before in other threads.
- WoodTurner Pro gives you control of each ring.
- Segment Pro is more rules based, therefore limits what you can do with each ring
Both are excellent tools for the design and development of the cut list.

There is plenty of videos on the net regarding the building process. Join a woodclub who has a segment turner who can help you.
Also take a look at the SegEasy sled. A very accurate way to cut your segments and the sled is easy to build.

Stephen
I just retired last week and have been doing more and more segmented turning. I have a vase that has one more ring to attach and then I can wrap it up. I used Segment Pro to design it and it is working great. I have found that getting all the segments cut first, then glued into rings is much better than doing one ring at a time.

Dan

Back