• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Longworth Centering Device

bmoore80

PRO Member
Lloyd

I made an enhancement to the Longworth Centering Attachment. When using the centering attachment on the stomper you have to insert the bolts and take the bolts off when you remove it. I used 4 nylon bushings ½ OD X #10 ID then drilled and tapped to ¼ x 20 threads. I used nylon because of its threading characteristic. When you thread it onto the bolt it will act as a self lacking device just leave enough clearance between the bushing and the top plate when you tighten them onto the bolts so the two disks will slide. Now when you remove the centering device from the stomper the bolts will not fall out.

Longworth Bushings.jpg

Yes, that is a major cool enhancement. I'm going to see if I can find something like this that is already threaded.
Thanks for the idea and I'll surely be adding it to mine and, if you don't mind, to the kit if it doesn't mean raising the price.

Lloyd

Lloyd

I am glad you liked the idea. I picked up the bushings at ACE Hardware for about $0.25 each. Adding it to the kit would be a great idea.

Picking up on your idea, I did the following. Since I have screwed the base of the longworth to melamine, I don't have the problem of the bolts falling out. I thought your idea is excellent, so I took a 1/2" dowel, drilled a 1/4" hole in it and dropped it over the bolt. Keeps the glue off the bolt, keeps the bolt straight. Works great, thanks for the idea. Here's a picture. ArtDSCN1908.jpg

Back