• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Moderately experienced turner - new to segmenting

garneredwood

PRO Member
Hello,

I'm Jim Garner - I am based in Kansas and I have been turning for about 7 years. I usually like to turn bigger projects out of local wood, but I have also been bitten by the basket illusion bug. A friend suggested that baskets are best done with segmented pieces since it's all side grain - I liked the sound of that, so here I am.

Thanks for having me - looking forward to learning.

Jim (Garneredwood)

Hi Jim.
Welcome to WTP.
Share your experience as you dwell into segmenting. I have not done a basket illusion vessel. Watched a fellow club member do one. They are very nice.
You should find that Lloyd;s software to be very useful in planning projects.

Hi,
Dave Calder here. I've been woodturning off and on for 20+ years. Brand new to segmented turning and looking forward to learning this new and exciting craft. Recently retired and now have more time to devote to the hobby. I have all kinds of questions about how to start. Much to learn. Hope the forum will be patient with me.

Back