• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Returning after 4 year hiatus, need help

Ed Korsberg

PRO Member
I started entering the world of segmented turning about 4 years and had some limited success using this software and producing bowls. But then I ventured off into other woodworking paths, mainly Intarsia. But I recently retired and have more time and would like to venture back into this realm. However when I opened up both WoodturnerPro and LaminationPro I had a bit of deer in the headlights experience. I did not really remember what I had done before. My last bowl contained a feature ring that honestly did not turn out well. The pattern should have repeated on each segment but in fact was slightly off and thus the pattern increasingly skewed from segment to segment. I would like to attempt a remake of this bowl but pay more attention to accuracy of cuts.
However I feel like I need to start my learning curve all over and I do not remember how I even learned what little I did last time
What would you recommend as the path to learning this skill/art form again?1701808718178.png

Welcome back.
I have only done a couple of Intarsia projects. Mainly decoration for top of jewelry boxes.

As far as getting back to segmenting.
- For the Software take a look at the tutorials
- Do some searches on the net and watch videos.
- Many turners like the wedgie sled (segeasy two fence system) for cutting segments

- If there is a woodworking club, get with a turner who does segment turning for some tips.

and of course. ask questions on this forum.

Woodturner Pro gives you full control over each ring.
Segment Pro is rules based therefore limits what you can do with an individual ring.

Welcome back.
I have only done a couple of Intarsia projects. Mainly decoration for top of jewelry boxes.

As far as getting back to segmenting.
- For the Software take a look at the tutorials
- Do some searches on the net and watch videos.
- Many turners like the wedgie sled (segeasy two fence system) for cutting segments

- If there is a woodworking club, get with a turner who does segment turning for some tips.

and of course. ask questions on this forum.

Woodturner Pro gives you full control over each ring.
Segment Pro is rules based therefore limits what you can do with an individual ring.
Thank you, I will started re-engaging my brain on this. But intarsia is my main focus and get tons of 'likes' from friends. Here is an example of a typical piece. I have done over 100 projects in the past 4 years.
1701810981004.png

Very nice work.
There are a couple of woodworkers in the club I belong to that does a lot of Intarsia. Yours is right up there in quality.

Have fun getting back to segment turning.

Thank you, I will started re-engaging my brain on this. But intarsia is my main focus and get tons of 'likes' from friends. Here is an example of a typical piece. I have done over 100 projects in the past 4 years.
View attachment 5081
Very nice work. I do intarsia as well as segmented bowls. Being retired it's a great way to spend the winters.
I design my intarsia patters using vetric software then with a ink pin on the CNC I print out all the pieces on paper to glue to the wood.as well as printing a full sized pattern for the glue up.

Back