• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Indian Blanket sawing

rtaylor

PRO Member
I have a question about ripping the narrow (1/8) strips from the chevron when constructing the Indian Blanket feature segments. in order to get the cleanest kerf free slices. I have tried both setting the fence at 1/8" and using a Microjig push block with a 1/16 attachment. I have also used a thin rip jig and cut outside. I am looking for the smoothest 1/8 slices possible. Drum sanding after the cut would be great but it changes the design slightly. What do you do?

It has been a while since I made an Indian blanket design. I used the gripper like you have. Kept the board against the fence.
I also use an 80 tooth thin kerf blade.

Last edited:
Thanks Lloyd, no magic solutions I guess. That seems the best for me too. A little bit of saw kerf from chatter can really mess up this laminate glue up.

Back