• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Wonky result: symmetric laminate results in non-symmetric Gen 3

In trying to render multi-generation laminations, I have to start with a maximum width a board can be. If it is too wide, I run out of memory so I picked a 'paper' width of 15" which makes sense because you wouldn't be able to cut a board that wide in practice.

Your board starts out as a 9.75" wide laminated board. Cutting it at 40 degrees makes the 1st generation jump to just under 15" so it displays correctly. When you cut that board at 49 degrees, When you go to the 1st generation, the board is less than 15" and so it displays correctly. When you cut that board at 49 degrees, it jumps to more about 17 inches and so the bottom of the image is truncated. When you cut that board at 30 degrees the truncated image is truncated again.

In order to display your design correctly, I would have to have a starting paper size of nearly 24 inches to display it correctly and when I tried to do that I ran out of graphics memory.

As it is, though, the aqua 'x' shows you the center of the design so above that is correct and below that is simply truncated.

I should have made the default thickness smaller. The main reason for the truncation is that your angles are really sharp - 45, 49, 40. If you used the same board with 25, 30 and 25, The board stays within the 15" maximum.

So that's the reason it doesn't show correctly. It's OK, though, because you would never be able to make the design with the sharp angles.

Lloyd

Back