• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Hello

justover7

PRO Member
My name is AL. A little about myself. I'm semi retired from self employed for about 30 years. been doing woodworking & wood turning for about 10 or 12 years as a hobby. My first introduction to woodworkin & woodturning was in the 60's in High school shop. I've just recently started segmented turning. The main reason for this post is maybe some ideas on a project. I currently own an Anytime Fitness & we try each yeat & raise money for cancer. I want to construct a bowl or vessell or maybee a lamp with cancer ribbon. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I will try & post a picture of my first 2 progects using woodturner pro plus viewing & reading malcomb tibbets book & videos along with clarence rannefeld's book on lamination.

Attachments

• 102_4620.jpg
    102_4620.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 102_4623.jpg
    102_4623.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 31
  • 102_4633.jpg
    102_4633.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 102_4624.jpg
    102_4624.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 35
Hi Al,

Welcome to the community. I like your turnings and look forward to seeing more of your work.

With regards to a turning to honor cancer survivors and families of those that did not survive, I can speak for our community in that we'd love to help you with ideas. One thing came to mind when you mentioned the cancer ribbon and it wouldn't be too difficult. Here would be the end result which I drew in SketchUp using an image from Lamination PRO:

cancer ribbon.jpg
The top is simply a piece of maple with a 1.5" hole plugged with a species like redheart and a 1/2" hole in it plugged with maple. The 'X' can be made with Lamination PRO using the new SW Design tool:

cancer ribbon2.jpg

This would definitely take some trial and error to get the top part sized correctly, but it is certainly doable.

Another option is to get someone on this board that has a CNC to create you some circles with an engraved cancer ribbon and then use those in the 'porthole' vessel as demonstrated in Malcolm Tibbett's book.

Lloyd

Back