New to segment turning!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Forum' started by Daniel Percell, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Daniel Percell

Daniel Percell PRO Member

I am new to segment turning. Been doing it for a few months. Willing to take any advice with the craft. I have been a metal worker for most of my life but I find this wood work fun and relaxing and it fits into my workshop area inside. I have made a few segment bowls. I have ran into a few people on other sites that are also on this one. I see awesome pieces produced. I got the software and trying to figure it all out. Seems fun and unlimited possibilities.

IMG_3568.JPG IMG_3640.jpg IMG_3642.jpg IMG_3481.jpg

2. mfisher

mfisher Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to WTP. You say your "new" to segment turning, but I will have to say you are no beginner.
    Your bowls look great.

The Forums is a great place to ask questions regarding the software. Woodturner Pro gives you full control of your design. Segment Pro makes it so with a few clicks you can have a design and cut list.

3. Daniel Percell

Daniel Percell PRO Member

Thank you! I can’t wait to learn more always! I started working on a lathe and pretty much doing any real wood work about a year ago. This was my first bowl I made and I still use it for change. Lol. I pretty much stayed with metal work my whole life cause if you mess up a cut you can always add metal. Lol.

Attached Files: