Zero Segeasy Plates??

Discussion in 'Segmented Turnings Forum' started by Kenny Hennings, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Kenny Hennings

Kenny Hennings PRO Member

I see Jerry Bennett’s zero segeasy plates for close segmented bowls. Are these plates the best way for gluing close segment bowls? Or is there a way that would work better? Either way I would prefer to use the stomper instead of doing it on the lathe.

2. Richard Bruce

Richard Bruce PRO Member

I use the segeasy plates and a sled to cut the individual pieces. Once the segments are glued up I use the stomper to glue the rings together. I make sure when I use the stomper I measure the rings size to the ring it's being glued to because if you not careful and your doing a tall piece there is some play in the stomper. I put two halves together and it took a little more turning to get the piece turned.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  3. Bob Beaupre

Bob Beaupre Administrator Staff Member

I have tried the zero seg-easy plates and have moved past them. They work but they are not the end all answer. I now do all my segmenting glue up in my open segment glue up jig. Both open and closed.

4. Richard Bruce

Richard Bruce PRO Member

Hey Bob is the jig you are talking about something you made or is it something that is available to buy? I am always looking for a better way to do things. Thanks

5. Bob Beaupre

Bob Beaupre Administrator Staff Member

6. Richard Bruce

Richard Bruce PRO Member

Thanks Bob. The link is just what I needed.