• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Height - Width proportions in 3D Pro

sevansx

PRO Member
Can height - Width proportions be determined in 3D Pro. I Create the form in 3D, then move to WoodTurnerPro and provide the height and width numbers. The form created in 3D pro is squatty. When I add the rings and their sizes to make the form the proper height, the rings are much taller that the original form. See attach WTP file.

HELP!!!!

Attachments

• Thunderbird.wtp
    5.1 KB · Views: 4
Height and Width cannot be determined in 3D Pro. 3D is used to develop the profile/shape. The 3D Design PRO software is designed to display shapes but not dimensions. WTP is all about dimensions.

I downloaded your Tbird WTP file. What I noticed when I opened your file was the build vessel is taller than the 3D Pro Overlay.

To address one of your issues I would start up 3D Pro and WTP so both programs are up and running. Select 3D Pro. and transfer the profile again to WTP. Based on how you created the profile in the 2D Editor window, a default height and width will be displayed in WTP.. You can either accept the default wide and height, or change either the height or width of the profile.

Based on the WTP file you attached the vessel is 6 inches tall. [I added up the ring thickness of all the rings you made). You have five 0.25 thick rings that are above the profile. If you made rings to fit the 3D Pro profile the vessel would be 4 1/2 tall.
Question: How tall do you want the vessel to be?

Start up 3D Pro and WTP again. In 3D Pro bring up your profile. Select the transfer to WTP. Bring up WTP.
Change the height to whatever you want (6" ?). Then build your vessel to fit the profile.
The snap to profile is a good tool to use to bring the rings to the profile edge.

I modified your WTP file to fit the profile. The vessel would be 4.5 inches tall.

Attachments

• Thunderbird mod 1.wtp
    4.5 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for responding. I recreated my 3D image and imported into WTP. It appears I made an error when assigned the height and width on the original.

All appears to be OK now.

Thanks for responding. I recreated my 3D image and exported to WTP. Apparently, I made a mistake entering the assigning the height and width. All looks OK now.

Back