• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
Top of Hexagonal Prism Bowl/Candy Dish
Curly

Top of Hexagonal Prism Bowl/Candy Dish

For years I've made the bottoms of my large bowls using the hexagon cube illusion. My daughter saw a Youtube video by Thomas Geurts making an entire bowl from Hexagonal Prisms. She asked me to make one for her. I didn't like the fact that most of the material in his bowl ended up on the shop floor so I designed a shallow bowl to get the full affect of the optical illusion. While I was putting it together Mr. Geurts made one very similar to the one I was making but his is much larger. This is ~3.5 inches tall and 11.5 inches in diameter. The woods are Walnut, Florida Black Cherry and local Camphor. Planing the Camphor was intoxicating. Finished in Sealcoat, Poly and wax.
Reactions: dovetail
Very nice work.

A few turners in my club have done similar bowls. Have to say yours is one of the better ones I have seen.

Sorry to take so long to comment. I went on a long trip and had some computer issues. Thank you for the kind words.

Media information

Category
Segmented Turnings
Added by
Curly
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device