• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
Kauri Bud Vase.
norman

Kauri Bud Vase.

Small Kauri bud vase, made using the inside outside turning method 100 mm high x 50 mm in diameter.
I love the inside-out technique and watching people trying to figure out how it was done.
Well done, Keith.
How was it done?
:)

When you're adding your comment, you should see an icon towards the right of the text entry window that looks like a mountain with a tiny sun above it. Click that and you'll be able to upload an image.

How to do inside-outside turning see attached document.
For the first glue-up you should put newspaper between the four joints to make it easy to break open the glue joint after turning the outside.
Now reverse the four glued pieces so that the surface you have just turned becomes the inside and re-glue the four pieces without using the newspaper this time making it a permanent glued joint.
Then turn the new outside surface as shown in the document.

Keith,
I thought that you could simply upload an image to a comment in the Gallery, but that appears not to be the case.
The best thing (and the way that it will be seen by the most people), is to create a forum thread and attach it there. The text editor window in the forum is setup specifically for this purpose and makes it easy to do.
Lloyd

@Lloyd Johnson
I was only trying to answer a question that you asked about inside-outside turning on this photo and a picture is better than a thousand words.

I appreciate that Keith. I was hoping that there was a way you could post it in the comments so that others could benefit from it. I couldn't even do it as Administrator, but I guess that is what the forum is for.

Media information

Category
Segmented Turnings
Added by
norman
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device