• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
Fruit Bowl
Bobsturnery

Fruit Bowl

This fruit bowl is based on the design in Dennis Keelings book using the Segment Stomper. I was very pleased in the way it turned out.

Eur. Sycamore and sprayed with Mirotone Spraylac Semi Gloss lacquer.
H
That's beautiful, Bob. It's a great shape and can either be a display piece or functional.
A matching lid might is an interesting option for another bowl.

Lloyd

Bob, Did you turn a plug to fill in the hole of the Stomper in the base. I did a similar bowl but without the hole. Thanks,
Art

Arthur,
I worked out (easy with WTP) the inside diam of the first ring of segments and I cut a solid base of mdf to that diam and stuck it to the bowl base with double sided sticky tape and put in the hole for the stomper.
I then built up the bowl using the segeasy plate and stomper and when complete mounted it on the lathe and removed the false mdf bottom and turned the bowl as normal. Give it a go on your next bowl its easier than cutting plugs :)
Bob

Media information

Category
Open Segment Turnings
Added by
Bobsturnery
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media