• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
First Bowl Using Seg Pro June 2023
DaveJ

First Bowl Using Seg Pro June 2023

My first bowl using Seg Pro. Was meant to be a Yarn Bowl but I made the walls too thin. About 5 to 7mm. I rounded the SEL up on some of the rings to make cutting easier but it didn't work for me so I have made a stop block with a vernier guage attached to simplify measuring. I also misaligned the top ring... wont do that again. Bolivian Teak with Pine. 24 segements 190mm x 110mm with a NZ Fantail Pyrography on the base.
Looks pretty good for a first bowl.
Good color combination.

I am still old school and like WTP for tweaking SEL by adjusting OD and ID. I lend to tweak the OD/ID to where I can have the same board width for a number of rings.

Looks pretty good for a first bowl.
Good color combination.

I am still old school and like WTP for tweaking SEL by adjusting OD and ID. I lend to tweak the OD/ID to where I can have the same board width for a number of rings.
I havent used WTP yet, going to try it later. I "tweaked" the SEL for easier cuts but found the overlap was wrong on my inside. My fault for not following instructions. I am going to tell it to make 15mm wide segments instead of 10mm, and I made a better stop block with a caliper so i won't have to try and see the graduations on the steel rule hehe. Eyesight not as good as it was LOL

Media information

Category
Segmented Turnings
Added by
DaveJ
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device