Brent Dalrymple

Dinosaur Bowl

This open-segment bowl is 7-1/4" diameter x 9-1/8" high and is made of 5125 pieces of wood, including maple, purple heart, pau ferro, yellow heart, bloodwood, chakte viga, limba, ebony, and quilted maple. This bowl is somewhat unique because there is no symmetry--it looks different from every angle. I've also included the design grid so you can see what the whole design looks like in one drawing. Included are a Cretaceous Tyrannosaurus Rex, a Jurassic Brachiosaurus, and a Cretaceous Velociraptor (the little red guy). Despite what you may have seen in the movie, Velociraptors were only about the size of a small turkey. No one knows what color dinosaurs were, so I've taken the artistic liberty of giving the Tyrannosaurus stripes and the Brach

Dinosaur Bowl
Brent Dalrymple, May 8, 2019
    • mfisher
      Nice art work. Would be a great gift for a paleontologist
    • Art Bodwell
      Great idea to create a "painting" instead of a symmetrical design. Shows that the paint page is truly a canvas to create artwork, limited only by your creativity. I think your idea will open the way for others to create in new ways. Good job.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Open Segment Turnings
    Uploaded By:
    Brent Dalrymple
    Date:
    May 8, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2674px
    Height:
    3744px
    Aperture:
    f/3.2
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ40
    Date / Time:
    2019:05:07 21:10:59
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    7.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).