• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Another New Guy

Dan Case

PRO Member
Hi, Y'All. My name is Dan, and I think I'm the latest "new guy." I'm based in Little Rock, AR and after years of wanting one, I finally got my first wood lathe a couple of months ago (And as a totally related coincidence, my wife the quilter got a new sewing machine just a few days before). It's a Jet 1221VS, and while it's "only a midi," I've had more fun with it so far than I've ever had woodworking.

I've been drawn toward segmented turning almost from the start--there's just something about it that "floats my boat." I've only completed three segmented projects so far and have a lot to learn, but the other turners I know seem to think I'm off to a good start:

firstsegmentedbowl.jpg fruitbowl.jpg walnut_trumpet.jpg

Thanks!

D.

Sure looks like you got bitten by the bug. I can see the progression in the three projects, well done. There is always something else to try whether it is with shapes, woods, number of segments, open or closed, acrylics, corian, etc. You are off to a great start.

Welcome to the community, Dan. You're off to a great start. Your 1221 is a great lathe for segmenting and will serve you well for many years.

There's a lot of helpful people here, so don't hesitate to ask questions.

Lloyd

Back