• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

User Defaults bug?

Ted M

PRO Member
I find it easier to work in metric so I changed the user default in Seg Pro to metric and selected save defaults (I did this the first day I got the program). When I have a profile open in Seg Pro and want to change to a new one, is it necessary to select "reset all" or can I just go directly to a new profile and open the new profile? The reason I am asking is because if I select "reset all" then select and open a new profile, my metric default is also reset to imperial. It would be helpful if the reset all button simply cleared the current profile, project or plan but left the overriding user defaults alone.... at least in my humble opinion! :) Look forward to your comments, Thanks, Ted

I find it easier to work in metric so I changed the user default in Seg Pro to metric and selected save defaults (I did this the first day I got the program). When I have a profile open in Seg Pro and want to change to a new one, is it necessary to select "reset all" or can I just go directly to a new profile and open the new profile?
- imo you can open a profile and then open a new profile without clear or reset all IF you have not made any changes or done any painting of segments.
- Clear will blank the screen for bowl view, cutaway and profile view.
(It does not clear any painting of segments you have done. If you select a different profile it will show the paint you did in the first profile)
(changing number of segments per ring after painting may not reflect the pattern you painted. SP just adds or takes away segments)
-Reset All will clear any painting done. Basically takes you back as if you just opened the program.

The reason I am asking is because if I select "reset all" then select and open a new profile, my metric default is also reset to imperial. It would be helpful if the reset all button simply cleared the current profile, project or plan but left the overriding user defaults alone.... at least in my humble opinion! :) Look forward to your comments, Thanks, Ted
There is a bug in SP when selecting metric. It should be fixed when the new build is released by Lloyd.

"I’ve already fixed the metric issue. It only took a couple minutes. I can’t post it, though, because the other things I’m working on are more complicated and I can’t post the upgrade until everything is finished and tested.

If this was a bug that was causing a big problem, I would strip out all of the other things that are holding me back and post the upgrade but that simply isn’t the case. After two years of missing out on traveling and other things I enjoy, my wife and I are catching up on missed time.

I apologize that the software has warts. But never having had a computer class in my life, I’m surprised and delighted that it works as well as it does."

Thank you very much for the valued replies to my inquiry and I can certainly work with SP as it is until the new release comes out. No need to apologize at all for the "warts" as you say it does work very well and I completely agree! I am enjoying working with the programs thoroughly. During my working life I had a number of opportunities to test new software and troubleshoot bugs and fixes..... never thought that experience would come in handy in my retirement.....LOL!! :) Thanks again, Ted

Sorry, just one more question. How are we (the software users) notified of a new release of the software and then how do we upgrade it? Sorry that was two questions....

Sorry, just one more question. How are we (the software users) notified of a new release of the software
By visiting the download page accessed from the Home Page of this website.

The download page shows the current version that is available. The release may be posted as a thread for the software. I just check the download page.
and then how do we upgrade it? Sorry that was two questions....
Upgrades are free unless it as a major revisions.
To upgrade go to the download page, click on the software to download the installer and run the installer. No need to delete the older version.

Back