• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Board Length Calculation

Robert Drisaldi

PRO Member
Good morning -
I'm curious about the WTP calculation for "Board Length". I usually take the ring's outside diameter and multiply it by pi. The WTP calculation is always less than mine. I attached a sample layout, to include my calculation as a reference. Can anyone explain why? Not a big deal. Just curious.

Thanks!

Robert

Attachments

• My Plan.csv
    1.3 KB · Views: 4
The following thread has a discussion on Segment Edge Length and board length.
In WTP there are two board length for information. One is using the economy board length were the stock is flipped after each angle cut. The other is gain matching which the board in not filliped. Hence grain match board will be longer.

Cutting the Segments
Woodturner PRO will calculate the exact width and length of the board required to yield the desired number of segments, allowing for the kerf of your saw. You must add an appropriate amount to the length of the board to allow you to safely cut the last segment.
economy cut
1701542355739.png

The following thread has a discussion on Segment Edge Length and board length.
In WTP there are two board length for information. One is using the economy board length were the stock is flipped after each angle cut. The other is gain matching which the board in not filliped. Hence grain match board will be longer.

Cutting the Segments
Woodturner PRO will calculate the exact width and length of the board required to yield the desired number of segments, allowing for the kerf of your saw. You must add an appropriate amount to the length of the board to allow you to safely cut the last segment.
economy cut
View attachment 5076
Perfect!
Thanks for the clarification.

Back