• Due to a security issue, it was necessary to restore the forum to a backup from 5 days ago. This means that any posts to the forum or the gallery made in the past five days have been lost. I you made a post during that time, please feel free to post it again. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Need help with using the plates and stomper

Jim Grieco

PRO Member
Hello! I want to try to do open segmented ornaments. I just watched Lloyd's short video series on how to do this unfortunately he did not go into detail/length about how to use the plate/stomper past the first row that glues to the waste block. Does anyone have a video that goes into detail about how to use and add rings etc? I have the plate on order and will make the stomper myself.
Thanks for any help!

Jim Grieco

PRO Member
Here is one I found showing adding a ring further along the vessel build.

Thanks Mike!
BTW: I read an old post you were commenting on and I saw you live in SCW, AZ. I live in Glendale! I wish I would have known this before. We maybe could have met in person and you could have showed me how to do everything with that urn. Would have saved you a lot of frustration LOL.

mfisher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Mike!
BTW: I read an old post you were commenting on and I saw you live in SCW, AZ. I live in Glendale! I wish I would have known this before. We maybe could have met in person and you could have showed me how to do everything with that urn. Would have saved you a lot of frustration LOL.
Maybe someday when the covid rates are not so bad, we can meet sometime.
The SCW wood shop is something to see.