• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Painting row segments - designing feature ring.

sevansx

PRO Member
How do I paint segments in the same row with different species? I want to alternate species in row 11 of the attached file.
Row 8 is where I want my feature ring. It will actually be comprised of 8 segments with 3, 1/2 inch rows in each segment. Each segment row will consist of 3 pieces with 2 different colors each. The best way to describe it is the Chevrolet emblem.

Attachments

• Hollow Vessel 2.wtp
    7.3 KB · Views: 7
Hi Sevansx:
To "paint" segments in the same row with different species in WTP is pretty simple.
1. Positon the mouse pointer over the segment you want to "paint" (change species) and left click.
You should see the segment is now highlight with a red border.
2. With the segment selected (red outline) Right click. A new pop up window will come up with a list of all of the species within the custom species list.
3. Move the pointer within the species window box and highlight the species you want to use and left click.
The segment should be painted with the selected wood species.
(word of caution. Take a look at the top right side of the WTP widow for "Paint repeats per row". If you only want to color one segment make sure the check box is unchecked. Use the paint repeat and the proper number of repeats to color multiple segments.

For your row 11, select the "paint repeat per row, change the repeat number to 12. Left click on one segment to select it. Right click and pick your wood species. The row should color every other segment.

You can also hold down the shift key and left click multiple segments to highlight segments in any row. Then right click to bring up the species menu.

You can use lamination pro to design your chevron pattern. The chevron can be exported out of LP and saved as a jpeg. That image can be brought into your species list in WTP.

Attached is a modified file of your project as an example.

Attachments

• Hollow Vessel 2 modified.wtp
    23.3 KB · Views: 7
Back