• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
4th generaton bowl
Art Bodwell

4th generaton bowl

At Tahoe, Lloyd showed a third generation design made with lamination pro that resulted in a 12" x 12" board. He then used it so show how sketchup could be used to show it in a table. I thought why not take it to the next level and make a bowl from a board using this design. The results are neat looking bowls, but turning of the bowls turned out to be difficult because grain is is running in every direction. I hoped to get two bowls with reverse designs because each board is made from only half the pieces when cutting the third generation. I did get the two boards, but when turning the second bowl the grain tearout was too severe. So the second bowl required an in progress design change and became a candy dish. The first bowl is 11 1/2" in diameter and 4 1/2" high, the second is 6 3/4" in diameter and 2" high. The results are a unique design, but the time invested is high. Comments and critique always welcome.
J
Beautiful Art. Congratulations

H
Art,
I was hoping you would get a chance to try this idea using a multi-generation pattern in a board. It is certainly a one-of-a-kind design and both the patterns and execution are great. I'm sorry to hear that end grain is such an issue, but I guess that is to be expected. Some woods would be better than others to reduce this problem, I suppose.
You certainly are not afraid to tackle new ideas in segmenting. My hat is off to you.
Again.
Lloyd

Media information

Category
Bowl From A Board
Added by
Art Bodwell
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings