• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

New to woodturning and enjoy hands-on.

bostonlives

PRO Member
I'm a Mechanical designer that work in 3d software for aerospace. I live in a condo with no space for woodworking. I joined a local makerspace called makersmiths in Leesburg VA. They have a lathe and wood shop. I also joined Catactin area turners group. I'm glad I found this site and look forward to learning about segmented turning. What beautiful work. I just purchased a couple turning tools from oneway. 3/4 roughing gouge & double 1/2 bowl gouge. I would love suggestions on what other turning tools I would need for segmented turning.

Welcome to the Forum.

Ask a turner what tools to have and you will get as many responses as people you ask.

I like scrapers for working on the inside of bowls. Thin parting tools for grooves for inlays and separating bowls from faceplates.
The turner group you joined would be a good place to ask for advice on tools.

Enjoy and post some of your work.

Welcome to the group. First off, you are only one tool away from greatness. Unfortunately I'm still looking for it so can't advise you which one to get. My suggestion is to talk to the the different turners in the Catactin club and then get some hands on training. The Woodcraft store has some turning classes. Just remember to have fun.

Back