• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Fairly fresh woodturner :)

K

Kibeth

I'm an arts and crafts student from Norway, aiming to become a teacher when I finish my BA. Which happens to be due in three weeks. I specialize in woodwork and it is one of my favorite materials to work with. For my final project I'm focusing on woodturning, because in three years of studying arts and crafts we had all of three days of woodturning. It was enough to get me hooked, but not enough to really learn all that much. So I decided to learn on my own. Which has been plenty of fun! I've gotten some experience in turning green wood, but have very few materials to work with when it comes to seasoned wood. I have some pieces of ash, walnut, oak and popplar, but none of them are big enough to make a full project of. So I'm poking around a bit to see what options I have, and segmented turning really seems to be my best option. I am also very interested in off centre turning. Since I have to learn all this on my own, internet has been a great help for me, and I really hope I can use this forum as a resource.

This is a selection of what I've done so far. As you can tell, not very advanced, but I'm aiming to learn more :) These are all turned in green wood, and not all of them are quite dry yet.

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your upcoming BA. That is a nice bunch of bowls especially the one on the left and the larger one in the center with the ogee shape. Is the brown paper on the ends of logs to reduce cracking? If so do you use glue? You might want to take a look at the supplied forms in Designer Pro along with Woodturner Pro. Another woodturning resource that might interest you is http://www.woodcentral.com/woodworking/forum/turning.pl . WoodCentral has several other woodworking forums along with the turning one.

Welcome to the Woodturner PRO community!

Being Norwegian myself, I'm always thrilled to see new Scandinavian members and it looks like you're off to a great start. In what part of Norway do you live? I've only been there once and that was 45 years ago, but I'm hoping to get back there in the next year or two. I've been as far north as Trondheim and my descendants lived east of Bergen. I have quite a few customers in Scandinavia and I hope to pay some of them a visit when I get there.

If there is any help you need, please ask and you'll get lots of help and suggestions.

Lloyd

Back