• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Walnut and Pacific Yew Bowl

GrahamJ46

PRO Member
The bowl is nothing special compared with the masterpieces seen here. I am only posting to show the Pacific Yew which is not likely to be readily available to most people. Even though it is abundant along the coast where I live, it is not usually available for purchase, and if it is, it is expensive. I had the good fortune to be given a piece 2" x 6.5" x 48" by a generous friend. The root burl is one of the most prized, and very expensive, pieces if you can get it. I am hoping to one day get some from the same source. My friend is called Bob James (aka Plumb Bob). He is not a segmented turner but makes some very nice pieces, which you can see here - Plumb Bob Woodturning.

Attachments

• yewbowl1.png
    yewbowl1.png
    386.9 KB · Views: 3
  • yewbowl2.png
    yewbowl2.png
    729.3 KB · Views: 3
Beautiful bowl Yew has a good color.
Your friend does some interesting work. Very nice.

Thanks for sharing. .

Beautiful bowl Yew has a good color.
Your friend does some interesting work. Very nice.

Thanks for sharing. .
Bob is a very interesting multi-talented person. He has an amazing collection of stained glass which he renovates, and sells most of them. Where most people would hang pictures on the wall, he hangs stained glass. A visit to his home is like walking into a museum. He has a xylophone in his living room, which he plays. He trained at a Music Academy to be a professional pianist. That didn't work out due to losing the end of some digits doing his "regular" job in construction. He buys and renovates vintage motorcycles, and cars. He has a huge ONEWAY lathe, on which he has turned a pole up to 18' long for a TV show (9' bed plus 10' extension). He has made multiple items for the X Files TV show, which was made locally.

Back