• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Segment Pro stopped working

Jim Grieco

PRO Member
Hmmm, This software suddenly will not open for me. Woodturner Pro and Lam still open but this does not.
Anyone else have this problem?
Do I need to uninstall and reinstall?

Thx

Hi Jim.
Have not had a problem with SP.
- Have your shut down your PC and restarted it. Then try and open SP?
- Can you give some more details on what happens when you try and open SP?

(I had a problem with Outlook not opening when I clicked on it. restarted the PC and that seemed to fix the problem.

Before you uninstall and reinstall, I would get in touch with Lloyd if the above does not work.

You have deleted a file that the software thinks needs to be there. Easy fix - go to the Downloads page and click on the installer for Segment PRO. When the installation starts, if it is a newer build than you have installed, nothing more should be needed. If it is the same version, a popup will come up with three options - Remove, Repair and I forget the third but you need to select Repair.

On the tabs where you can add your own content, I give you a delete button so that you can delete files that you installed. The only way I can do that is to add it to all of the plans, profiles, species, etc. Feel free to delete anything you installed, but don't delete the things that were installed by the installer. When you start the software, it does an integrity check to make sure that all important files are present and your check has failed.

If you have any problems, call me at 503-781-5117 and I can use zoom to get you going.

Lloyd

You have deleted a file that the software thinks needs to be there. Easy fix - go to the Downloads page and click on the installer for Segment PRO. When the installation starts, if it is a newer build than you have installed, nothing more should be needed. If it is the same version, a popup will come up with three options - Remove, Repair and I forget the third but you need to select Repair.

On the tabs where you can add your own content, I give you a delete button so that you can delete files that you installed. The only way I can do that is to add it to all of the plans, profiles, species, etc. Feel free to delete anything you installed, but don't delete the things that were installed by the installer. When you start the software, it does an integrity check to make sure that all important files are present and your check has failed.

If you have any problems, call me at 503-781-5117 and I can use zoom to get you going.

Lloyd

Good explanation and tip. I will add that to my list about deleting only files the user created.

Always like to read more about how the workings of the software.

Hi Jim.
Have not had a problem with SP.
- Have your shut down your PC and restarted it. Then try and open SP?
- Can you give some more details on what happens when you try and open SP?

(I had a problem with Outlook not opening when I clicked on it. restarted the PC and that seemed to fix the problem.

Before you uninstall and reinstall, I would get in touch with Lloyd if the above does not work.
Thank you for replying so quickly. I see that Lloyd replied also but wanted to answer your questions for future reference.
When double clicking the Seg Pro icon on my desktop, nothing really happened.
I then right clicked on it and the dropdown gave me choices. I tried "Open" and "Open as administrator". The whell spun for about 1 second then stopped.
I also went to my files and tried opening there with the same results.
Yes, I restarted my computer and tried all of the above options with the same results.
I will work on Lloyd's instructions now.
Thanks again

Lloyd
Hello Lloyd and thank you for the info. I just downloaded this software (was not asked anything else) and restarted my computer. No change - still will not open.

Jim

Hello Lloyd and thank you for the info. I just downloaded this software (was not asked anything else) and restarted my computer. No change - still will not open.

Jim

Hi Jim.
Did you have a copy of SP installed on your computer before or was this the first install of SP? From your OP I got the impression that you had SP and it was working in the past on the computer.

When you downloaded the SP file and clicked on the SP file to install did you get any indication that the program installed?

Hopefully, Lloyd can help you out.

Hi Jim.
Did you have a copy of SP installed on your computer before or was this the first install of SP? From your OP I got the impression that you had SP and it was working in the past on the computer.

When you downloaded the SP file and clicked on the SP file to install did you get any indication that the program installed?

Hopefully, Lloyd can help you out.
All fixed!!!
I forgot to click the download which in turn completed the install (repair). I did not take it for a spin yet but it did open up after completing the install.
Still not sure why this happened. I have not used in a few weeks and never deleted anything. At least i now know what to do.

Thank you to you and lloyd for your help

Jim

All fixed!!!
I forgot to click the download which in turn completed the install (repair). I did not take it for a spin yet but it did open up after completing the install.
Still not sure why this happened. I have not used in a few weeks and never deleted anything. At least i now know what to do.

Thank you to you and lloyd for your help

Jim
Yeah.
Thanks for posting an update. Always like to see things work out.

Been there, done that when having to use some microsoft repair tools for Outlook. Forgot to click to finish the repair.

Back