• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Hello from Albuquerque/Placitas NM

PlacitasWood

PRO Member
Hi all,
I've been working with wood since I was about 10 years old. My dad had a Shopsmith that he never used and I asked him if I could use it. He said, "Just don't cut off your fingers.". The journey began.

I'm primarily a furniture maker with a side job as a dentist. I delved into segmented bowls about 30 years ago. Never quite caught the bug and left it behind. As I get closer to retirement, I wanted an adjunctive hobby related to my furniture making. So... I purchased a PowerMatic 3520c (which will be delivered next week). I'm looking forward to turning both segmented and non-segmented pieces. And by joining this esteemed group I'm looking to gain as much knowledge as I can.

I've purchased the WTP Suite and dove into the software. I have a pretty good understanding of what each app does at this point. Lamination Pro, while understandable, does challenge my sense of a finished product/piece. Just need to play with it more.

Lloyd appears to have done a great job with the software and this site. I do have one gripe... I am also a Mac programmer and wonder why some of the panels in the primary window cannot be resized. I'm pretty sure this has to do with the app requiring 1920x1080 resolution. It appears to be hard coded in. My primary machine has two Mac Studio displays that are set at 5K resolution. I've got Windows 11 running in a Parallels virtual machine. For now, I've dedicated one of the displays as a 1920x1080 workspace, but it would be nice if the software could be modified to use more screen real estate if it's available.

Looking forward to this part of the journey. Thanks for reading/listening.

- Dan

Welcome to WTP forum:
I bet you will find the programs very useful in planning a segmented vessel.

As far as windows size, that is a question for Lloyd.
I have used the software on various windows machines and never saw the set windows size as an issue.

Happy Turning

Lived in Albuquerque and Santa Fe in the 80's. Loved New Mexico.

The programs are very well written and eminently useful. Last segmented bowl I did was 30 years ago and it was not a trivial task to set things up. Looking forward to using the software. I've also gained some knowledge regarding the construction of sled(s) in cutting the segments. This forum seems to be a great resource.

I'm a native New Mexican and love it here. There's probably only one other place I'd live. But the New Mexican food is like no other on this planet.

Thanks for the kind welcome.
- Dan

The programs are very well written and eminently useful. Last segmented bowl I did was 30 years ago and it was not a trivial task to set things up. Looking forward to using the software. I've also gained some knowledge regarding the construction of sled(s) in cutting the segments. This forum seems to be a great resource.

I'm a native New Mexican and love it here. There's probably only one other place I'd live. But the New Mexican food is like no other on this planet.

Thanks for the kind welcome.
- Dan
Yep.
Love the hatch green chile. Got hooked on it when I lived in NM.

PlacitasWoodwood: Welcome to the world of wood turning and Segmentation. I think I can be of help to you getting started in open and closed segment bowls. Have been doing segmentation for about 5 years and live just down the road from you in Rio Rancho NM. Give me a call if I can be of help. Ray Davis. 505-221-4622
Ray.
I would suggest you send PlacitasWoodwood a Private message for your phone number and delete it from the public view.

Thanks, not sure how to send a private message ?
Hi Ray.
Look on the Title Bar for the forum on the right side by your name should be a envelop symbol.
- Click on the envelop symbol to open a pop up window (Conversation window_
The choice is Show All or Start a New Conversation.
- Click on Start a new Conversation'
A new window will open
Enter Recipients. Start typing the registered users name. then select who to send it to .PlacitasWoodwood.
enter a title
Enter your message.

Just sent you a PM. So you can see how it shows up in WTP forum.

Back