• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Hello

Sehiggs

PRO Member
Hello all,
Woodturner of many years based in the UK. Mainly spindle work (chairs) with occasional bowls. Purchased the software a couple of days ago, having watched a few videos on YouTube as I wanted to experiment with segmenting (I might regret this!). Probably inspired by the excellent Papa1947.
I have to say I was really impressed with how easy or was to design a basic bowl from the included templates. Made a couple of tornado bowls with alternating spiral yesterday. Very happy with the results and fear that this could be a slippery slope. Bowls not complete yet but feeling very satisfied with the results.
Seán

Attachments

• IMG_1368.jpeg
    IMG_1368.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
Welcome to WTP forum.
You might find as many of us have that segment vessel making is addictive. Especially when the software makes the designing process a breeze.

Nice tornado bowls.

I take it you purchased SP or did you buy the complete package of WTP, SP, LP and 3DPP?

Welcome to WTP forum.
You might find as many of us have that segment vessel making is addictive. Especially when the software makes the designing process a breeze.

Nice tornado bowls.

I take it you purchased SP or did you buy the complete package of WTP, SP, LP and 3DPP?
Many thanks for the welcome. Being a little unsure of what I would need I bought the complete package.

Good choice to purchase the package.

3DDP is used to make the wall profile for use in WTP.
WTP was Lloyd's first segment planner. It gives full control of each ring.
SP is Lloyd's latest. It is more rules based and limits somewhat what you can do with each rings. Has an excellent paint feature.
LP is a great tool for seeing what patterns that can be made from laminating boards together. great for featured rings.

Lloyd is working on an update to SP to add more control to individual rings.

Take a look at the tutorial videos. They helped me out years ago. Keep in mind on some of the WTP tutorials there are some functions shown that no longer exists. The grid function is one example. It was removed in later versions of WTP. The concept of how to use WTP stays the same.

Enjoy designing and turning.

Back