• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Help w/ Veneers

Michael Mabry

PRO Member
New to Segment Pro and curious if there is a way to include veneers in my design within SP? I have seen them on some YT videos and really like the added pop it provides in some cases. Thank you for your help!

Are you looking to use veneers as spacers between segments or something else?

SP limits what you can do with veneers because of some of the rules built into the program. WTP gives you full control over each ring.

A method that can be used in both programs is to create a design in a graphic program and save the image as a jpeg. Then bring the image in as a new wood species.

In SP you can add veneer spacers for a "featured ring" only in the bowl setting window. If you have painted segment or tornado bowl selected the spacers will not show up.

Attachments

• sw 3 motiff feature.jpg
    sw 3 motiff feature.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Understood sir. Thank you for your help. Just like the look of the attached pic and wasn't sure if SP had the capability to account for that. Just something contrasting to the main segment color is what I was looking at incorporating. Thanks again!

Attachments

• Veneer Example.JPG
    Veneer Example.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
Understood sir. Thank you for your help. Just like the look of the attached pic and wasn't sure if SP had the capability to account for that. Just something contrasting to the main segment color is what I was looking at incorporating. Thanks again!
SP can add the vertical spacers when selecting the "featured ring.
What it won't do is add the horizontal thin ring you have in your example. WTP will

In WTP you can adjust the height of each ring. The horizontal spacer just becomes a thin ring

Back