• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
Spotted Pot
Jan Conradie

Spotted Pot

The pot is 130 mm high and has a diameter of 200 mm. The light wood is African White Pear and the dark wood is Imbuia. The 5 mm thick Imbuia spacers separating individual segments are capped with a layer of white and dark veneer on each side.
Jan, I like the layout and the form. Do you use tapered plugs or dowels for the spots? I think I ring above the spots might look just a bit better if it curved more like the one on your double stave pot. That pot in my opinion flows from the top around and thru the bottom. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Stuart. The construction of this pot also consists of 2 staves (top and bottom) but the wider mid section (spotted) did not look right when I wanted to curve it in as you suggest. 20 mm holes were cut in the mid-segments with a Forstner bit and the black spots (Imbuia) were obtained by cutting plugs with a 20 mm plug cutter. Careful sanding of the plugs on the lathe and even more careful tapping in with a steel hammer yielded tight fitting plugs. Several segments were lost in the process due to splitting.

Media information

Category
Segmented Turnings
Added by
Jan Conradie
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back